Dermatology studies the structure and physiology of the skin, infections (diseases). The dermatologist diagnoses and cures illnesses associated with skin, nails, hair and sweat glands.
Consult a dermatologist if you have at least one of the following symptoms:
- pain, burning, itching or discomfort on the affected skin;
- rash on the skin and mucous membranes;
- asymmetric neoplasms on the skin;
- change in the color of neoplasms on the skin;
- the appearance of new moles or changing the size of the available;
- pigment spots, wet or purulent areas on the skin;
- pallor or redness (flushing) of the skin areas;
- hair or nail disorders with changes in structure, color, density, and shape.
Apart from the treatment, the dermatologist can choose skin and hair care products, develop care rules depending on the type of skin to prevent premature aging.